We ought to be much more concerned about how technology has now, not only taken over more than our world but additionally our private lives also. On the surface it would appear that you will find only advantages to technologies. But this is not the case, as I shall show you within this post.
Contemporary technologies is not as good as it seems.
It is much more sinister than it seems. Many people are not even conscious of some of the negative background effects of technology that might be dangerous to their well-being and peace of mind.
A lot is happening that’s out of our view and beyond our control. It’s far worse than the Brave New World that Huxley described many years ago. It’s a World that not just watches us but also pries into our personal lives when we least anticipate it.
Our technological systems are increasingly passing information back and forth without bothering to inform us that they’re doing so. They’re parsing and analyzing it to figure out the deeper meaning of what we say and do.
Consequently, technology is quietly but relentlessly invading our daily lives.
Here are some ways that technology routinely does this.
• Whenever you use your smartphone to take a photo, it auto-uploads to Facebook with out your you knowing or even giving permission to do this.
• Your e-mail via totally free providers like Google, Yahoo or Microsoft is not as secure as they say. There’s no way any of us to understand or know how and where your email goes once you push that send button.
• Late in the evening, you may hear the drive whirring in your pc. The monitor is flickering although nobody is utilizing it. Is there somebody truly there or not? Why is it loading or working while NOT in use by me?
• Bars in a number of cities have installed cameras that silently watch their clientele and make inferences about them from their physical traits. Then they use this info without your permission if they need to.
• Next generation wearable computers like Google Glass may begin frequently tracking where you’re searching, when you are on the web. That information will then be sold to advertisers and others who are seeking a window into your thoughts.
• Your telephone may listen for audio cues without your knowledge.
Consequently, we should make sure that we save ourselves from these technologies which are invading our lives and learning who we’re with or like or want or are interested in without our knowing it.
Therefore, we ought to all take heart and make sure that we’re careful with our technologies. Shut them down as often as you possibly can. That may stop big brother from really watching you and gathering info about you and spreading it with out your permission.