SAN DIEGO (World Breaking News) – The government of President Donald Trump has proposed that $18,000 million be allocated in the next 10 years to the expansion of the border wall with Mexico, which revealed one of the most detailed plans of how the president intends to fulfil  one of the distinctive commitments of his campaign. 

The Customs and Border Protection Office (CBP) initiative provides for the construction of 316 barrier miles by September 2027, which will increase coverage to 970 miles, almost half of the border, according to an official directly aware of the matter.

It also foresees the replacement of 407 miles of secondary fence, said the official, who requested anonymity to make statements to Conspiracy Talk News, because the plan has not been released to the public just yet.

During his campaign, Trump promised to build a “huge and beautiful wall” with Mexico, but he has provided few details about dates, cost and location. 

Image result for mexican wall

His administration has requested $1,600 million this year to replace 74 miles of fences in Texas and California, and authorities said they will also request $1,600 million by 2019.

The 10-year plan, reported by The Wall Street Journal first, resulted from conversations with senators who asked CBP what it would take to secure a border, the official said.

The government has intensified negotiations with Congress on various proposals that could include granting legal permanence to some 800,000 people temporarily protected from deportation through the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. which was launched during the government of Barack Obama.

Trump announced last year the cancellation of the DACA, but gave Congress until March to present a legislative measure to address the situation of current DACA beneficiaries.

The border security plan was presented in response to a request by federal Senator Jeff Flake, said Jason Samuels, a spokesman for the Republican lawmaker.

A government official confirmed that the document was prepared at the request of the legislative negotiators, and noted that the financing of the wall and other security measures should be part of any set of legislative proposals related to immigration. 

The official continued to speak on conditions of anonymity because this plan has not been disseminated to the public.

Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen told Conspiracy Talk News on Tuesday, that the wall would be “first and foremost” in any package that includes new protections for DACA beneficiaries. He also said that the government intends to eliminate “nooks and crannies” on issues such as the handling of asylum applications and the collaboration of the police with immigration authorities.

Nielsen described it as an advance payment, the $3,200 million requested for the extension of the fence during the first two years of the Trump administration.

“This is not enough for the entire wall we need, but it’s a beginning,” he said.

Mexico has firmly rejected Trump’s demand to pay for the wall, and few doubt that it will be the US taxpayers who bear the bill if it is built.

The CBP document requests a total of $33,000 million in new expenditures for the border, including $18,000 million for the wall, $5,700 million for acquisition of equipment and other surveillance technology; $1,000 million for the construction and maintenance of roads; and $8.5 million to finance 5,000 new Border Patrol agents, 2,500 border inspectors and other personnel, the official said.

The document does not specify the place where the extension of the wall will be built.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here